We order home delivery pizza quite often (at least twice in a month!) especially when I’m lazy or got no time to cook. I can’t bring myself to throw away the pizza boxes without using or abusing them first. Since Easter was just around the corner, I thought I’d make a bunny piñata out of it for our Easter celebration with the kids.
What you’ll need:
pizza box (or any box would do)
black colored paper
pink colored paper
white colored paper
What to do:
1. Draw a bunny on the pizza box. There are many templates in the internet which you can print out. I don’t have a printer so I just eyeballed the template I chose and draw it freehand.
2. Cut the bunny shape (make 2 for two sides).
3. Cut a few 1 inch width strips of the box for the sides of the bunny.
4. Put together the two sides of the bunny shape using a tape with the 1 inch strip in the middle. Don’t forget to leave a small hole on top where you can drop your treats/piñata fillers inside.
My daughter couldn’t resist giving the bare piece of box a face! 🙂
5. Cut about about 1 inch strips of crepe paper and make a fringe.
6. Cover the the bunny with the crepe fringe, from the bottom going up. Don’t include the ears!
7. For the ears, glue the same color of crepe fringe all around (2 times), choose a different crepe paper color (hot pink for me) for the middle part (also 2 times).
8. For the inner ear, I cut out a pink colored paper and glued it in place.
9. The last part is the face. Using a template or simply eyeball it, cut out the eyes, whiskers, nose, etc. and glue it on the proper place.
10. Tie a string or yarn, and hang it for the kids to hit! (Yay!)
Have you seen a yellow bunny yet? Now you do!
The yellow crepe paper was the only available color I have that’s enough to cover our bunny. (: