Its officially spring! What better way to complete your look than wearing flowers. Here’s an easy tutorial on how to make flowers using ribbon.
What you’ll need:
ribbon ( i used 15mm wide ribbon, 9.5 inches long)
thread (preferably the same color as the ribbon)
felt circles (or any cloth)
What to do:
1. Sew along the edge of the ribbon as seen below.
2. When you reach the end, pull tightly to gather the ribbon.
3. Sew the ends together. Make sure its on the underside. You’ve finished the first flower.
4. To make another flower of bigger diameter, get another ribbon of the same length and do steps 1. At step 2, don’t gather it too much so its a bit bigger than the first flower you’ve made.
Small and big flowers.
5. Glue the big flower on the felt/cloth circle.
6. Then put glue on the middle and place the smaller ribbon. Press hard to secure it in place.
7. Glue a button of your choice to complete the ribbon flower. And you’re done!
You can either use it as a hair accessory or a brooch, depending on the button you use.
The swirl bronze button below makes the ribbon flower great for brooch.
The Hello Kitty button is for little girls who loves this Sanrio character, like my daughter. Attach it on a clip or an elastic and you’ve got yourself a Hello Kitty hair accessory!